Friday, July 11, 2008

Me and my Shadow

"I've got an alter ego called Gunther. When I start bowling, he takes over."

I came across this very late on Wednesday night, and thought it was pretty extraordinary stuff.

The next morning, I'd forgotten all about it. it only re-entered my thoughts once I'd got to Lords and started chatting to a couple of South Africans. I started telling them about the article, and was greeted with total derision and advised to maybe take more water with it next time (or words to that effect), and to 'pull the other one, it's got bells on it'...

By the time I got home, I was actually starting to doubt I'd ever read it.

Happily not!

1 comment:

Gaurav Sethi said...

i came across this late on saturday night. saf missed gunther, nel and extraordinary stuff too. would've liked to see him play panesar and broad