Monday, January 29, 2007

The Great Escape

"Hello - this is the Strauss residence. I'm afraid we can't take your call right now, but please leave a message after the tone and we'll get back to you. If you're phoning from 'Hello magazine about the photoshoot - February 19th is fine."

"Oh, hello Bunnykins, it's me - Andy Pandy.... look, things are getting pretty gruesome down here. Any chance you can do me a favour and phone up on my mobile when I'm batting during the next game (best be quick!!) - tell whoever answers it that my Pater has come down with something pretty nasty, now on his deathbed, asking to see me - that sort of thing... with any luck they 'll put me on the next plane out of here, and I can be back in Blightly before you know it. Ok? Thanks Bunnykins. Byeeee!!"

No comments: